Ferry Travel from Fajardo to the island of Culebra
We recommend visitors to take a flight to Culebra, you’ll get more precious time to explore the island and potentially avoid disappointments and delays. Ferry schedule is subject to change, especially during bad weather. Please call before traveling to Culebra to confirm schedule.
Reservations at the Culebra Ferry Office
- Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 9:00am / 10:00am – 3:00pm. Weekends and holidays no reservations can be made in advance
- Tel: (787) 494-0934 ext. 2727
- Report at least one hour before departure if you already have a ticket. If you don’t have a ticket, due to the problematic ferry system, we highly recommend you get to Fajardo at least 3 hours before departure to get in line, especially on weekends.
- Adults (Ages 12 – 59) $2.25 one way / $4.50 round trip
- Children ages (Ages 3 – 11) $1.00
- Seniors (Ages 60 – 74) $1.00
- Seniors (Ages 75 and up) Free
Due to hurricane Irma, there has been a change in schedule. We will post an update as soon as it becomes available to us. Source: Wapa
Culebra a Fajardo
Culebra to Fajardo (regular schedule)
- Monday – Friday 6:00am – 1:00pm, 5:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday & Holidays – 6:30am, 1:00pm, 5:00pm
Fajardo a Culebra:
Fajardo to Culebra (regular schedule)
- Monday – Sunday 9:00, 3:00, 7:00pm
Cargo Ferry Schedule
Culebra to Fajardo
- Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30am, 7:00pm
- Wednesday & Friday (except holidays) – 6:30am, 1:00pm, 7:00pm
Fajardo to Culebra
- Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays – 4:00am, 5:00pm
- Wednesdays & Friday (except holidays) – 4:00am, 9:30am, 5:00pm
Ferry Travel Tips
- We highly recommend tourists to fly from San Juan Airport or the Ceiba Airport (a little cheaper). The ferry has not been offering consistent service in the past few years.
- During Puerto Rican holidays, locals from the mainland are known to get to Fajardo 10+ hours in advance to get in line. Visitors / travelers to Puerto Rico, do yourself a favor and fly to Culebra or Vieques during the holiday weeks or weekends.