Ferry Travel from Fajardo to the island of Culebra
Isla de Culebra (Culebra Island) one of the offshore islands of Puerto Rico is yours to enjoy in a short ferry ride from Fajardo. Please be sure to read our travel tips below, the ferry is an affordable way of getting to Culebra and Vieques but it takes planning, time and at special times of the year, much patience.
We recommend visitors to take a flight to Culebra, you’ll get more precious time to explore the island and potentially avoid disappointments and delays. Ferry schedule is subject to change, especially during bad weather. Please call before traveling to Culebra to confirm schedule.
Reservations at the Culebra Ferry Office
- Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 9:00am / 10:00am – 3:00pm. Weekends and holidays no reservations can be made in advance
- Tel: (787) 494-0934 ext. 2727
- Report at least one hour before departure if you already have a ticket. If you don’t have a ticket, due to the problematic ferry system, we highly recommend you get to Fajardo at least 3 hours before departure to get in line, especially on weekends.
- Adults (Ages 12 – 59) $2.25 one way / $4.50 round trip
- Children ages (Ages 3 – 11) $1.00
- Seniors (Ages 60 – 74) $1.00
- Seniors (Ages 75 and up) Free
Since Hurricane Maria, ferry service has been very inconsistent. We highly recommend taking a flight to and from Culebra. Even residents are finding themselves stuck at the terminal for many hours. We will update this page as soon as we receive information and the situation improves.
Culebra a Fajardo
Culebra to Fajardo (regular schedule)
- Monday – Friday 6:00am – 1:00pm, 5:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday & Holidays – 6:30am, 1:00pm, 5:00pm
Fajardo a Culebra:
Fajardo to Culebra (regular schedule)
- Monday – Sunday 9:00, 3:00, 7:00pm
Cargo Ferry Schedule
Culebra to Fajardo
- Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30am, 7:00pm
- Wednesday & Friday (except holidays) – 6:30am, 1:00pm, 7:00pm
Fajardo to Culebra
- Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays – 4:00am, 5:00pm
- Wednesdays & Friday (except holidays) – 4:00am, 9:30am, 5:00pm
Ferry Travel Tips
- We highly recommend tourists to fly from San Juan Airport or the Ceiba Airport (a little cheaper). The ferry has not been offering consistent service in the past few years.
- During Puerto Rican holidays, locals from the mainland are known to get to Fajardo 10+ hours in advance to get in line. Visitors / travelers to Puerto Rico, do yourself a favor and fly to Culebra or Vieques during the holiday weeks or weekends.